Having beautiful hair is everyone’s dream. The growth of hair depends on several factors such as age, environmental factors, genetics, and diet. Let’s have a look at various foods that improve the growth of hair and also works on the skin and nails as well.
The egg is a superfood that is rich in biotin and vitamins. The yolk in the eggs is full of fats and the egg overall is loaded with proteins which is good for the health. Some of the benefits of eggs related to hair care –
- Eggs are full of biotin which increases the growth of hair and formation of hair follicles. The biotin in the eggs promotes the production of keratin which forms the hair.
- The eggs also have zinc and selenium which have antioxidant properties that protect the hair from oxidative stress and sun damage.
- The yolk of the eggs is full of proteins that deal with the dull hair and make the hair shiny and soft.
Berries are loaded with stuff that supports hair growth. The major berries that improve hair growth are blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries. Some of the benefits of berries are such as –
- Berries contain vitamin C which has antioxidant properties that protect the hair from UV radiation.
- The berries also contain antibacterial properties that fight the dandruff.
- The vitamin C in the berries increases collagen production.
Spinach has a plethora of nutrients that benefit the body and they are great for the hair as well. It has iron, vitamins A, C, and E. Also it has folate and biotin which are the main ingredients of many hair and skin gummies. The best benefits of having spinach in the diet are –
- Spinach promotes the growth of hair and it minimizes the loss of hair.
- The antioxidants and vitamins also stop premature greying and improve the texture of the hair.
- The vitamin A present in the spinach improves the condition of the scalp as it moisturizes it.
Avocados are loaded with fats that improve the body’s function and also improve hair and skin health. Some benefits that avocados give are –
- It has vitamin C which makes the hair smooth and frizz-free.
- Vitamin E in avocados is an antioxidant that protects the skin and hair from oxidative damage.
Nuts can fulfill the daily dose of vitamins that are needed to improve the texture and length of hair. Almonds contain 48% of the vitamin E needed by the body. Some main benefits of incorporating nuts into the diet are such as –
- Nuts have fatty acids which make the hair stronger and shiny.
- The nuts also have compounds that reduce inflammation.
- Zinc present in the nuts has anti-inflammation and antibacterial properties.
Seeds have low calories and are full of nutrients. For ex – sunflower seeds have 50% of the vitamin E quota. Flaxseeds are also full of omega-3 which is good for eye and brain health.
Soybeans also promote hair growth. They have spermidine which is present in soybeans. This compound is responsible for the growth of hair follicles. They are rich in protein which supports hair growth.
Here are some foods that are rich in these nutrients:
- Protein: Hair is primarily made of protein, so including sources like lean meat, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy products, legumes, and nuts in your diet is important.
- Iron: Iron deficiency can lead to hair loss. Foods rich in iron include red meat, poultry, fish, lentils, beans, and fortified cereals.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: These are essential for healthy hair growth. Sources include fatty fish (salmon, mackerel), flaxseeds, chia seeds, and walnuts.
- Vitamins A and C: These vitamins contribute to the production of sebum, which keeps the scalp healthy. Carrots, sweet potatoes, spinach, citrus fruits, and berries are good sources.
- Zinc: Zinc is involved in the hair growth process. Foods rich in zinc include meat, dairy, nuts, and whole grains.
- Biotin: Biotin is a B-vitamin important for hair health. It can be found in eggs, nuts, seeds, and sweet potatoes.
- Vitamin E: This antioxidant supports a healthy scalp. Sources include nuts, seeds, spinach, and broccoli.
- Silica: Found in vegetables like cucumbers, bell peppers, and tomatoes, silica is believed to promote hair health.
Remember, maintaining a well-rounded diet is key, and it’s always advisable to consult with a healthcare professional or a nutritionist for personalized advice. Additionally, other factors like proper hair care, hydration, and avoiding excessive heat or chemical treatments also contribute to healthy hair.
Busy life often does not permit us to take these healthy foods, therefore, I recommend to you the Vitagoli. Arechar Nutra presents Vitagoli Hair Gummies which are full of biotin, keratin, folate, and multivitamins which improve the condition of your hair skin and nails.