Rose candy apples are toothsome delights that entice the palate with their delectable fusion of tastes and textures. They are a tempting combination of flavours, from fresh apples to sugary candy coatings that make your taste buds crave more. Apples’ acidic essence and the sugary, sweet candy coating on them make an exemplary blend. This is ideal for any celebration or special occasion.
Imagine taking a bite of an apple covered in a delicious candy shell that has been delicately flavored and scented with roses.
To make the best rose candy apples, it is recommended to use Fuji apples. They are red, so your sugar syrup won’t even need any additional coloring. Moreover, Fuji apples are more simple to bite due to their small size.
Following are some tools that are necessary for making this recipe.
- Candy thermometer
Your hidden weapon is a candy thermometer. It will enable you to coat your apples at the ideal temperature, guaranteeing a crisp and delicious crunch with each bite.
- Wooden Skewers
To dip your apples into the sweet mixture, use wooden skewers or apple sticks to keep your hands clean and give your candy apples a reliable handle.
- Baking Sheet
Your kitchen will stay orderly, and clean up will be simple with a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Heavy-bottomed Saucepan
You must make your mixture in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Ice Tray/Flower Mould
For the rose shape, use an ice tray or flower mold.
To make this delicious treat in your kitchen, follow the steps written below:
- Choose fresh apples and wash them thoroughly to begin the procedure. Create a handle for dipping by carefully inserting a wooden skewer or apple stick into the stem end of each apple.
- Next, make the magical sugar coating in a heavy-bottomed pot. Mix sugar, light corn syrup, water, and a little amount of rose essence or rosewater. Over medium heat, stir the mixture and bring it to a boil.
- Insert the candy thermometer to ensure that the temperature is 300-310°F once the mixture comes to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- Add a small amount of food coloring to get the shade you want.
- Now, it’s time to dip your apples into the sweet mixture. Swish the apples in the mixture while holding them by the stick or skewer to get a uniform coating.
- Place the apples on the baking sheet that has been lined with parchment, allowing any extra candy to drip off.
- Add any toppings of your liking, such as sprinkles or chopped nuts, before the candy coating hardens to give your candy apples a refined finish.
- Let the candy apples’ coating set and chill completely, which will take around 30 minutes to an hour.
Your rose-scented candy apples are ready to eat once the candy coating has dried!
Setting Up The Sugar Syrup
- In a heavy boiler or saucepan of your choice, combine the sugar, corn syrup, and water.
- Turn on the cooker to medium to high heat. Wait until it starts to boil.
- Be sure that the candy or food thermometer is not touching the pan’s heated bottom as you insert it into the container.
- When the temperature hits 302°F, take the pan off the heat, add your preferred flavoring, and stir. Don’t stir it too much because doing so can let the air in and result in bubbles later.
- Once the flavor has been added, immediately dip the apples and start coating them.
- Tilt the pot just a little to dip in as much of the apple as possible.
- Place the apple on the sheet to cool.
Colorful Apples in a Rose Pattern
Using two syrups simultaneously is necessary to create a color gradient, such as a pinkish-rose apple with darker red tips or any other combination you like. However, this process is a little complicated, so you need to be cautious and mindful while performing the steps mentioned below.
- Add white food coloring to two saucepans.
- Next, add the desired colors to both pans.
- Make a light color mixture for the lower portion of the apple and a darker shade for the upper portion.
- Coat the apple with the color mixtures.
- Now, immediately place the apple in the mold.
- Put the apples in the molds right after dipping them in the syrup and letting the spare drip out.
- Arrange them in a basket or on a dish.
- Don’t stack them, and wrap each one separately.
- For an upright display, use a stand.
- You can melt some chocolate and pour it into the mold. A delectable candy apple with a chocolate rose top will be perfect for a family gathering or a celebration.
- Edible glitter can be used to add glitz and sparkle.
- Adding a few organic ingredients like crushed nuts or dried fruit is healthy and gives a unique appearance to the candy apples.
- Use innovative toppings, such as coconut flakes or biscuit crumbs.
- To make original designs, you can also use a variety of shapes, such as stars or leaves.
- You may obtain a two-tone appearance by immersing the apples in various shades.
Rose candy apples not only taste delicious, but it is also a fun activity to prepare them with appealing toppings and serve them to your family and friends wholeheartedly in a creative manner. To achieve a tantalizing tidbit, perfectly coated apples are infused with rose essence or rosewater. They make an irresistibly palatable and enticing treat for any event when they are beautifully decorated and presented to the guests.
To learn more about the perfect recipe for rose candy apples, instantly register yourself at the Girls Nite Live for a Kim Battle session!